There are many air conditioning companies in Tucson able to perform a heating inspection, but D&H has a couple of unique features that work to your advantage:
- We are one of the very few HVAC companies that has a 60-year history in Tucson.
- We have a long experience of the winter season the Tucson region.
- Our HVAC technicians are NATE-certified; you receive top professional service.
- We are in good standing with the Arizona Registry of Contractors and the Better Business Bureau.
- We are not a “fly by night”, “2 chucks and a truck” operation. We’ve been here since 1959.
- Our technicians can repair ANY furnace, ANY A/C, whatever the make and model.
- We offer the latest energy-saving A/C technology on the market.
- We offer the longest parts & labor warranties in the industry.
Demonstration of a heating furnace safety inspection
Just for our website visitors, we created this short (1 minute 30 seconds) video clip explaining what our technicians do when they perform a safety inspection on a furnace.
Take a minute to watch it: it was shot in the special training lab D&H built for our personnel. The lab replicates the conditions of a residence. We continuously train our HVC technicians on best practices. The lab we built in our corporate premises is absolutely unique in the nation: our technicians are evaluated on their performance on all parts of a heating and cooling inspection : the technical steps, but also the way they present themselves to our clients, the respect with which they treat our clients and their home, the “leave no traces behind” clean-up after their inspection, and any follow-up visit if an A/C unit or a furnace can’t be immediately repaired due to having to order a part from the manufacturer.
Why are safety inspections so important?
D&H offers our clients a maintenance contract that ensures they will benefit from inspections of their air conditioner twice a year. We have a long-standing record of advising our clients to make sure their air conditioning units are well maintained throughout the year, for many reasons:
- A well-maintained A/C functioning at manufacturer’s specifications consumes less energy.
- When you keep your A/C maintained, you slow down the inevitable wear-and-tear on parts.
- An air conditioner that is kept working at factory specifications presents a lower risk of major malfunctions.
- Air conditioning systems use refrigerants that are costly to replace: it makes economic sense to avoid leaks.
- HVAC manufacturers require that your A/C is professionally maintained, or their warranties become voided.
- There is a safety component to operating a gas furnace: the emissions of carbon monoxide have to be controlled.
This last reason is the key reason why we absolutely recommend our clients to have their heating and cooling system inspected twice a year, and especially before winter, when they will start up their furnace.
Furnaces are safe when operated at factory specifications. But when they are not maintained adequately, they present a dangerous risk. Furnaces emit carbon monoxide, which is an odorless poisonous gas. Even in small quantities, this gas makes people sick and can even kill them. The CDC estimates that each year, 50,000+ Americans are hospitalized and several hundreds die because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The problem is to keep these emissions to a safe level, which is why regular furnace maintenance and safety inspections are absolutely crucial.
Why can’t Uncle Bill do these inspections?
Unless Uncle Bill is a qualified HVAC technician, he won’t be able to perform these safety inspections correctly. Hiring a professional, NATE-certified HVAC technician to ensure the safety of your air conditioner makes good sense. Safety is not something to treat as a joke. Carbon monoxide emissions are toxic and they can kill. Any badly maintained air conditioner will NOT operate at safe levels, and at factory specifications: they will start making weird noises, they will lose their efficiency, they will use much more power than necessary to get the same level of heating and cooling, and they will also deteriorate more rapidly as unusual wear-and-tear is not spotted in time and remedied with the correct parts.
You would not trust your dentist to repair your car, and your car mechanic to fix your cavities. Why call Uncle Bill or any other non-professional to perform such a crucial maintenance?
As a matter of fact, if you ever need your factory warranty to cover a defective part, your service records will be used to establish that your air conditioner was properly, professionally inspected and maintained. If you can’t show that your inspections and maintenance were done on time and regularly, by a reputable HVAC company, chances are your warranties can be voided and you may wind up having to pay for parts out of pocket.
Emergency Service and 24/7 Availability
There are other benefits in trusting your air conditioning service and repairs to D&H. If an emergency situation occurs when your A/C starts malfunctioning, we have the teams and the trucks to get to your home within hours, and bring your A/C back to life. This is because we are a long-established company, with enough resources to ensure emergency air conditioning repair service.
We also offer 24/7 repair service. You can call our call center at night and in most cases, we can send a furnace technician to your home with everything needed to resolve the issue.
If you prefer to contact us by high-speed response message