The Best Time to Call for Air Conditioning Repair Service
We are ready to schedule you for excellent service, in most cases on the very same day you call us. You may have read our reviews in Google, we have a solid reputation built over 60+ years of existence in Tucson. There is no “best time”: simply call our Hotline 24/7 at (520) 664-3699. We provide air conditioning service and emergency repair intervention any day, any night of the year.
What You Can Expect From Our HVAC Technicians
- Being on time: We give you a time window and we are there when we sy we are. We keep you updated of our coming 30 minutes before we arrive.
- Courtesy: We train our technicians in excellent manners, including leaving no disorder behind them.
- COVID protection: Our technicians wear masks, they respect social distancing, and they wear gloves as requested by the situation.
- Complete transparency: Technical measurements, parts possibly needed, risks of failure detected, costs involved — our technicians inform you of everything
- Complete integrity: Our technicians are trained to explain the risks and make recommendations without ever being pushy or salesy. We never recommand a part you don’t need.
- Knowledge of your unit: Our NATE Certified technicians are trained to repair any A/C units (makes and models), even if old.
- Reasonable service duration: Our technicians are usually fast. They know how to diagnose of a problem what to repair, and how to repair.
- No disorder left behind: It is our pride to make sure that when we leave your home, it is like our technician was never there.
Helping You is a Motivation for Our HVAC Technicians
Call our Hotline 24/7 at (520) 664-3699
What if Your A/C Still Works… but Gives Weird Signs?
As soon as your A/C starts giving early signs that “something is not quite right”. It is better to be aware of these warning signs, and call us as soon as you notice them. DOn’t let them run for a while, and take the risk to call us too late.
To help you figure out some of the signs that something wrong is happening, we have put together this guide.
Signs Your Air Conditioning System is Going Bad…
Here are several unmistakable signs that “something is up” and calls for quick action.
Your A/C does not blow cold
The first thing to check when you feel that your air conditioning is not blowing cold, or the temperature of your home is going up, is your thermostat. Yes, it sounds a bit ridiculous to say that, but someone in your household may have turned down your thermostat, or even turned it off, and your A/C is just not blowing enough to cool your rooms. Just check this first and this may avoid calling an air conditioning service technician and having to pay for a visit.
If this check does not show anything unusual, what are your options? Two common causes for an A/C that does not blow cold are (1) the compressor is failing, and (2) there is simply not enough refrigerant in your system anymore. In itself, that last one could be a bad sign that you may have a refrigerant leak somewhere. We would have to trace back the leak, plug it or repair, and recharge your A/C. If your compressor is failing, that’s a big deal which requires a replacement.
Bottom line: it’s time to call us. Call (520) 664-3699, tell us what you observe, and request urgent air conditioning repair service.
The flow of cool air feels weak
When you place your hands near the vents in various areas of your home, your hands can hardly feel the flow of air going through the blades. The airflow may be cool, as usual, but it feels like a trickle, not a stream. There are several possible diagnostics for this, but the most common ones are that your A/C compressor is on its way out, or that your duct system is becoming really constrained — usually by an unusual quantity of dust and debris. You can always check your filter(s), to verify whether or not the system is overly dirty. If so, change your filters immediately, and check again how the airflow behaves.
Your A/C is making weird sounds
One of the most usual ways you will detect an anomaly in the regular operation of your A/C is when your hear alarming sounds. These can happen when your unit starts, but also when it is simply on.
- High pitched squeal: it could a bad bearing in a rotating part, or your unit compressor dying
- Grating sound: it could be a used bearing that’s impeding the normal rotation of a fan
- Repeating starts-stops: that could be an indication that the motor is not getting the “juice” it needs from the capacitor to start
- Loud buzz: There is a chance that your A/C has an electrical problem, or that the compressor is dying
- Hissing: A surefire sign that there is a leak in the refrigerant line
- Loud bang: A moving part is hitting other parts inside the A/C, a sign that some parts are loose, or springs are worn out
If you hear these noises, it is high time to call our hotline for an inspection and, most likely, repair service. It could be a good idea to turn off your A/C to prevent further damage, and call us at (520) 664-3699. Request urgent air conditioning repair service, and tell us what sounds you heard.
Leaks and water damage
If you observe signs of humidity near your air conditioner (inside or outside), you may be facing a leak in your refrigerant line. This line will eventually get corroded and start wearing down. Leaks happen all the times: most commonly, you will find them near fittings, couplings, joints, drains and hoses.
When you can observe abnormal humidity around your A/C unit, you will also probably notice that your airflow is not as cool as usual. That results from a refrigerant leakage, and the line needs to be repaired and your unit recharged.
Water damage due to an air conditioning unit is really bad for a home. The most common problem is the clogging of the drain system, followed by an overflow of the drain pan. A/Cs have drain systems that ensure a way out for condensation water. But with moisture comes mold… especially in humid areas of our country (like Lousiana and Florida) or during heavily humid weather (like monsoon time in Arizona).
When mold grows inside a drainage system, it restricts the normal drip of condensation water, and water starts accumulating in the drain pipe, then the drain pan. When this happens, the drain pan overflows, and water spills everywhere: typically behind drywall, where it is not immediately observable. After several hours, it pools on a floor or a ceiling and this is when the damage becomes apparent.
To avoid facing this situation, you only have 2 options:
(A) You conduct visual inspections of your drain system indoor and outdoor on a regular basis, looking at the drip, any sign of mold on the drain pipe, and any accumulation of water in the drain pan. If you see anything like that, it’s time to call D&H with an urgent request for air conditioning service.
(B) You protect your system with a maintenance contract: our HVAC technicians will visit your home twice, and carefully look at any sign of obstruction of your drainage system. They will remove any debris, any type of obstruction along the drainage line. D&H offers such a maintenance plan, called the Family Maintenance Plan, with many benefits and nice discounts on parts and labor, for just a few dollars a month.
If you can’t call us, or if you prefer to be called, here is a simple form to ask us for a callback:
A Great Reputation is earned, never given
As you can see from our reviews in Google, Facebook and the Better Business Bureau of Southern Arizona, we have a sterling reputation and an excellent A+ rating.
We have also won several times the Angie’s List Super Service Award.
Our reputation is built on years of hard work, an attitude of diligence, a desire to serve you extremely well, and consistency in training.
We always have a truck close to your neighborhood
D&H Air Conditioning service homeowners in all areas of the Tucson metro, within a radius of 25 miles.
Our trucks can be seen on the road from Oracle to Green Valley, from 3 Points to Coronado de Tucson, from the Catalina Foothills all the way to South Tucson.
Because of this, you are almost always assured to have a truck not far away from your neighborhood. Tight scheduling enables us to get your air conditioning serviced on the same day of your call in most cases.
We know that air conditioning units can fail at any time. This is why we have decided to offer 24/7 service, 365 days a year. We always have technicians on call, and our hotline is always ready to schedule your air conditioning repair service intervention. Call us at (520) 664-3699.
CITIES & AREAS WE SERVE
• Arizona City • Benson • Casa Grande • Casas Adobes • Catalina • Catalina Foothills • Eloy • Florence • Green Valley • Mammoth • Marana • Oracle • Oro Valley • Rio Rico • Tubac • Saddlebrooke • Sahuarita • San Manuel • Sonoita • Tucson • Vail
LOCATION OF OUR CORPORATE OFFICE
Our corporate office is located off of Ajo, next to i-10, i-10, and the Fairgrounds.
Our trucks are all over Tucson, so a service intervention can be scheduled for the same day.